Why Gold Angel Charms never loose their popularity?
What are angels? How does she describe the tradition of the church? According to the Catholic Catechism, they are " purely spiritual, disembodied, invisible and immortal beings ." In addition, they are considered servants and messengers of God and look him face to face. Angels are mediators between God and man, who are also endowed with reason and will.
Origin of Angel Worship
Angel as a Greek icon. The roots of angel worship are already founded in Judaism. In the Bible, the word " angel " occurs 305 times. Beginning with the Book of Genesis, where angels have the task of guarding the entrance to paradise (Gen 3:24), to the revelation of John, in which they are executors of the divine judgment (Rev. 15: 6). As protectors and companions, they appear in the Old Testament, whereas the angels in the New Testament more embody the messengers of God (proclamation of the coming of Jesus, etc.).
Hierarchy of angels
The Christian tradition even knows an exact hierarchical division of the angels into nine choirs. This goes back to the philosopher and theologian Dionysius of Areopagita from the 6th century and was taken up again by the great church teacher Thomas Aquinas in the 13th century. Here, the nine angel choirs are again subdivided into three hierarchies:
First Hierarchy: These angels are charged with serving the throne of God
- Seraphim → They are the highest angels, reflections of the highest love of God and understood in the continuous worship of God.
- Cherubime → They are the reflection of divine wisdom.
- Thrones → They are a light of divine majesty.
Second Hierarchy: These angels administer the universe
- Dominions → You are responsible for the observance of order in the universe.
- Powers → They defend the good and work to carry out the will of God and force evil back.
- Powers → You watch over the sun, planets, nature, etc.
Third Hierarchy: These angels are responsible for human service
- Principalities → Principalities pay attention to countries, peoples, cities etc.
- Archangels → They stand above the simple angels and have special responsibilities such as conveying God's messages.
- Angels → They are assigned to specific people, places or a country. Their job is to accompany, protect and assist us in our daily lives.
Guardian Angel Worship
The Catholic Church is particularly familiar with the worship of the guardian angels and archangels.
For this purpose, in the course of tradition, even their own festivals have emerged: On October 2 of each year, the Church is the Guardian Angel Festival, which was introduced in 1670 by Pope Clement X. for the whole Church. On the other hand, on the 29th of September every year the feast of the Archangels Michael, Gabriel and Raphael is celebrated. The ore of the archangels first developed for the archangel Michael, who was consecrated numerous chapels and churches at the beginning of the 5th century.
Michael's appearance on Mount Gargano in southern Italy in 492, where a sanctuary was built for him, saw the veneration of the Archangels gain momentum. So it was in particular the St. Michael's Church on the Via Salaria, whose consecration memory for September 29 was recorded. On the initiative of Louis the Pious the Michaelsfest was introduced at the Council of Mainz in 813 and placed on this same 29th of September.
Gold Angel Charms
Our Price: $31.99
Our Price: $32.99
Our Price: $32.99
Our Price: $32.99
Our Price: $46.99
Our Price: $69.99
Our Price: $99.99